Are you ready for month 2??
Okay friends, this month we're going to do Operation Christmas Child!
Operation Christmas Child is a fabulous program run by Samaritan's Purse. They collect Christmas boxes from all over the USA and ship them to kids around the world. And they make it SO EASY for us to do it.
Here's what you do:
1. Hop on to this website and take a look at the list of items the kiddos need: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/ the list is at the bottom of the page. You can do a box for a boy or girl, and there are different ages you can choose.
2. Go SHOPPING! :) Girls, this is a great challenge. It's one of the only times that shopping is considered a good use of time and money haha.
3. Dig out an old shoebox and fill it up with the gifts!!
4. Print out the label found at the above website and put it on the box.
5. Find a drop-off location: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Drop_Off_Locations/
DROP IT OFF NOVEMBER 16-23!!
That means we only have a few weeks to do this.
But it is so much fun to go and pick things out for these kids. I loved it last year. In a post next week I'll give some ideas on specifically what to buy. Until then just start thinking about it and please join with me! Let's make sure some kids get Christmas gifts this year! :)